Naya Pakistan Housing Programme
Prime Minister Imran khan’s “Naya Pakistan Housing programme” registration form has been issued on Wednesday by NADRA. The Housing Task Force consist of eight members from private sector, five from federal government including secretaries housing, law and justice, finance, planning, NADRA chairman and five provincial housing ministers, or their nominees.
“Our target is to build five million affordable houses in five years. Only ordinary people will benefit from this scheme,” said prime minister.
“One country wants to invest USD20 in the housing industry in Pakistan,” Prime Minister Khan said.
“Inshahallah, we will steer Pakistan out of crises. It’s a difficult time for us but this too will phase soon,” he said.
The prime minister said that he would devise a roadmap to address the challenges being faced by the country.
“The housing scheme is our real scheme. At least 40 industries are directly related with the housing scheme. When we launch the project, all these industries will benefit from it,” he said.
Prime Minister Imran khan will personally inaugurate the project.
Seven Districts has been facilitated for the first phase of the
project, the districts are Sukkur, Quetta, Gilgit, Muzaffarabad
, Swat, Islamabad and Faisalabad.
Building 5 million houses is not a joke, CM
How to apply
People can apply from 22 October till December 21
Along with the registration fees Rs: 250. Those
people who want to apply have to fill a form
with the formatives in the form.
get the form by click here
One of the key features for Naya Pakistan is to improve the housing situation for Pakistanis.
There is a shortfall of over 10 million houses, and every year we are adding to this backlog.
This government intends to promote access to housing to the people of Pakistan and jumpstart the housing sector.
The salient features of this housing is to make housing affordable to people are the following
- Increase buying power by providing loans of longer tenure fifteen to twenty years.
Reduce cost by standardizing design and specifications.
Reduce cost by significantly cutting down the approval time.
Develop new communities with access to infrastructure.
Reduce the upfront cost of builders by providing them land in installments and minimum time for approvals and infrastructure before start of construction.
Provide project loans to builders so that they can complete housing project in the shortest possible time thus improving their ROI and at the same time reduce the investment period thus reducing the overall cost for the end consumer the main objective of this scheme
Prime minister also promised that with the opening of this large project he will deliver 10 million jobs to the jobless people. With the construction of each house it will create 20 jobs per year which means 12 million jobs a year. The jobs will be given on the basis of unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled, plus the industry skilled will given 15 million jobs related to industry and service industry.
It is expected that with the above measures the costs of the houses would 15% to 20% lower than the market price of the area, Houses are also provided by the long term loans because PM says that “We are trying to increase the number of people who want to afford houses with 100% in the first three years”.
Every year targets given to all the stake holders are as per the table below which are indicative in nature and will be modified on studying the demand data which is collected every year through actual demand surveys and income levels.
|Description||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Additions to existing||100000||225000||200000||200000||200000|
|Subtotal of those which will be built under APNA Housing Authority||150000||400000||500000||500000||500000|
How the scheme will work
- All allowed land titles will be verified by the authority. The land will be attain by the authority. The authority will decide that what and how many products are needed for the project with the help of builders and developers and the authority will get the product after studying the market.
- The authority will also make sure that the necessary infrastructures like water, roads, electricity and sewerage etc.
The builders will complete the project by their own funds or through obtaining loans. These loans will be repaid by the builders with the accrued interest till he handed over the project to the end consumer
- The price of the land would be not paid by the builder the price of the land would be recovered from the end consumers. The title of the land will be transferred to the bank which will transfer the land to the condominium corporation once the loan is repaid
- The end consumers will have to pay only 20% of the unit price during the construction period but before they would have to obtain financing approval for 80% of the amount for loan from a commercial bank. This loan will be repaid by the homeowner over a period of twenty years. The objective is to bring the installment as close as possible to the rent they are currently paying.
- The NPHA would provide a one-window operation and construct houses in both rural and urban areas, he said and added, the Authority would coordinate with the local bodies and provincial governments.
To increase the financial resources of the banks the following sources of funds will be considered, pension funds, zakat funds, provident funds, funds at the disposal of insurance companies, EOBI, Social Security institutions etc.
The banks would be allowed to park funds parked in the housing industry with the remortgage companies on the creation of secondary finance market.